On Monday Seth and I began our first couple’s devotion together (we’re reading this book). First of all this book is fantastic because you have to read it everyday to stay on track. The first week you are to do it alone and then the next eight weeks you do together and I am so excited to be doing a devotional together. It’s one of if not the most important thing to both of us! Each day the book has a little section to read and four or five verses to look up on your own. I did mine earlier this afternoon and Seth did his tonight after youth group (which went fantastically by the way, I am so proud of my girls and so blessed to have the opportunity to lead them in their walk with God). Anyways, Seth had planned on just going to bed after doing his but he felt compelled to talk about one of the verses with me.
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humiliate, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called peace. And be thankful.
Ah such good stuff! Seth pointed out this will be a great verse for when we’re raising kids in the future. I totally want to grow my family around this verse and raise my children under these words. It’s just so awesome to share the same thoughts and beliefs with somebody. It really is just the greatest feeling in the entire world.
Sorry for the random and rambly post tonight. I’m rather happy and feel so so blessed tonight! And I wanted to share that with the world. I hope you find this verse as inspiring as we do. The best part about it is, the Bible never changes nor does it ever go out of style!
Part 3: Christmas Day
Seth and I spent Christmas day morning with my family opening presents and enjoying time with my family. We were very blessed and got a ton of stuff for our future home as well as a scuba diving class from my Aunt Marcie. Haha. Then we spent the evening with Seth’s family. All the photos are from Christmas day.
This is what my brother woke up to.
My grandmother knit Seth a stocking which is a huge deal and officially makes him part of the family.
Every year my parents get my brother Stewart’s Root Beer…I don’t remember how it started…
Montana got bubble wrap for Christmas! Her favorite!
My mom gave Seth and I mitten ornaments for Christmas
Sethy and I got a few dishes from our set! So fun!
Aw, my little brother and his girlfriend!
Six months. Six long months to go until I marry my best friend. Which also means six long months until I get to decorate my dream apartment. I got a ton of kitchen stuffs for Christmas and it’s killing me. Absolutely killing me. My beautiful dishes have to sit for six months until I get to use them. It’s torturing me. For now I’m stuck with dreaming of how I will design our tiny little apartment (which we still haven’t found) on the cheap. Pinterest is saving my sanity. I think.
As you can see, I obviously have the same type of design and feel for the apartment so putting it all together will be fun and easy! Oh, I am so excited!! I can’t contain it anymore! If someone has a time machine that can get me to June faster, please share. It’s only kind to share.
Part 2: Christmas Eve
My Christmas Eve began with lunch at my grandmother’s then Christmas Eve service at church, and ended with some time at my dad’s sister’s house. I think all of the pictures are from my grandmother’s and some of the outside because…it snowed! We had a white Christmas! Although I hate snow, it was really beautifully when it first happened. I absolutely hate driving in it though! So scary! Anyways…we had a great time at lunch even though my grandma cannot cook. Like at all. It’s my family’s tradition to do Christmas Eve at grandma’s. Oh, and Seth wasn’t there. Poo. He was running sound at a Vietnamese Catholic Mass and party or something. Ha.
Those holly plates were my great-grandma’s and my great-grandma made the napkin rings! Love it!
Grandma surprised mom with a In the Kitchen with David Cookbook.
we’re almost at part three, Christmas Day!
Part 1: Sunday in Altoona, PA
Our first part of Christmas included a three hour drive to Altoona, PA to visit Seth’s grandparents and Aunt and Uncle and two cousins. This was the first time we’ve seen them since we got engaged and we had a very nice visit. Enjoy these photos of our few hours in Altoona.
guess which gift I wrapped and which one Seth wrapped. HA!
Seth left his cousin Emily a mean message
My almost-father-in-law fixed it!
part two coming soon!
Yesterday (Sunday, 23rd) Seth and I drove west to Altoona to see Seth’s side of the family for Christmas. This was the first time I saw any of them since we’ve gotten engaged so it was a pretty big deal. Altoona is about a three hour drive from Lancaster down the turnpike so it was quite a drive for a day trip. But totally worth to spend more time with my soon to be family. I didn’t take any instagram photos once we got to their house but lots with my DSLR. I’m waiting until the 26th to do a big Christmas post with all my Holiday festivities so for now you get Instagram photos of the road trip!
1//double shot caramel brulee latte with soy 2//the road 3//Sethy wouldn’t look at the camera
4//there was snow the more we went west 5//painted my nails in the car 5//headed home
Last year I attempted to complete 18 things before I turned 19 and failed. I guess my main excuse was that I started rather late and didn’t have time to complete all the stuff I attempted to do. But this year is another year and I plan on completing this list! I promise! So without anymore excuses, here is my list of 19 things I aim to accomplish before my 20th birthday on September 18, 2013.
1. get married – this one may be the easiest to accomplish. 181 days to go to June 21st!
2. create my dream apartment – check out my series of boards on Pinterest to see what I shall attempt to do come June.
3. go on some girl dates – I recently read MWF Seeking Bff and am now inspired to make some awesome girl friends. Not that I don’t have any now but many are off at school or just at different stages of life.
4. host a grown up dinner party - oh how I cannot wait to have other couples over to our apartment for fancy dinner parties!
5. see an old movie in theaters – one of our local movie theaters plays old movies on Monday nights throughout the year but I have yet to see one of them. It really is dumb that I haven’t yet because black and white movies are my favorite.
6. really start writing a book – I feel called to write a book. What kind of book it shall be I do not know yet but I woul dlove to write a children’s book or a book about my testimony so we’ll see what happens, won’t we?
7. create a date night jar – there are so many fun ideas for these on Pinterest and it’s the cutest thing that Seth and I just have to make.
8. sell something on my Etsy shop – I started my Etsy shop a bit ago but haven’t sold anything yet. Poop. I think I need more than two products haha.
9. do better in school – I passed my first semester but let’s just say that I can do better.
10. learn to drive stick-shift – Seth has a manual car and it would be rather useful if I could drive it as well.
11. write down my favorite recipes – I hope to find the most adorable recipe cards and box to keep all my recipes in.
12. read at least two books a month – it’s absolutely horrible how much I haven’t read lately.
13. sew some clothing for myself – I have a wonderful sewing machine that I never use. I actually feel guilty for not using it enough also, sewing my own clothes will hopefully save Seth and I some money.
14. exercise more – ugh. exercise. Is it just me or does that sound like death?
15. watch childhood Disney movies - this morning I watched “The Great Mouse Detective” on Netflix and I have lots more to go!
16. learn how to save money grocery shopping – I’m in college, I work part time, I’m nineteen and I’m getting married this summer. Kind of need to do this.
17. practice my photography – like I’ve said before, I don’t want to be a pro but photography is my favorite hobby and I would like to become a better photographer.
18. finish a smash journal – I have a wedding planning smash journal as well as an inspiration smash journal that I put magazine articles in. Hopefully I complete both!
19. have photo books made – I want some beautiful photo books of our engagement photos, our wedding, and our adventures this coming summer so I can keep the memories forever.